Wednesday, October 22, 2008

I quit!!!

So I realized the other day that I haven't smoked in a month.... I hadn't realized it but the gym actually took away the craving for a cigarette. Now don't get me wrong, there were still times that I wanted one. There were still times I thought I was so stressed out that I wouldn't make it through without one.... But guess what I did.

But the biggest accomplishment for me I think was making it through a court hearing without having one... That was the whole reason I started smoking again after 6 years. The stress of going into that court room, looking at the face of a murderer. The man that took away life as I knew it.

But I got through Friday without one. There were moments when I thought I was gonna be weak. Instead of going home , having a cold beer and a smoke on my front steps I went to lunch with 2 girlfriends... I think that is what did it. After lunch with them I got home, and made a conscious choice not to have one.

Besides, I can't even tell you guys how bad my lungs BURN when I'm working out. It's getting better, but in the beginning, I thought they were going to EXPLODE!

Anyway, GO ME....

Can I get a woot woot!!

1 comment:

Jas said...

Good for you! Keep it up.